Life According to Islam - Meaning of life in Islam
Life According to Islam. The Purpose of Life. Islamic Way of Life. Meaning of life in Islam. Purpose of Life According to Islam.
Islamic Way of Life - Islam Basic Principles and Characteristics
Islam is based on the following five fundamental principles:
Tawheed: The Oneness of God The belief in the absolute Oneness of God (Allah) is the most fundamental principle of Islam. Muslims believe that there is only one God, who is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, and that He is unique in His attributes and qualities. Muslims worship Allah alone and reject the worship of any other deity or object.
Salah: The Obligatory Prayers Muslims are required to perform five daily prayers, known as Salah, which are a means of connecting with Allah and seeking His guidance and blessings. The prayers are performed at specific times throughout the day and involve a series of physical movements and recitations of verses from the Quran.
Zakat: The Obligatory Charity Zakat is the obligatory charity that Muslims are required to pay annually. It is calculated as 2.5% of a Muslim’s wealth and assets and is intended to help those in need and promote social justice and equality.
Sawm: Fasting during the month of Ramadan Muslims fast during the month of Ramadan, abstaining from food, drink, and other physical needs from dawn until sunset. Fasting is a means of purifying the soul and developing self-discipline and self-control.
Hajj: The Pilgrimage to Mecca The Hajj is a pilgrimage to the city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia that Muslims are required to perform at least once in their lifetime, if they are physically and financially able to do so. The Hajj involves a series of rituals and commemorates the struggles of the Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) and his family.
These five principles are considered the foundational beliefs and practices of Islam, and are essential for Muslims to fulfill their obligations to Allah and to live a righteous life.
- Show respect and honor to all individuals, regardless of their religion, race, gender, or status.
- Speak clearly and honestly without any deception or confusion.
- Use the most appropriate and effective language when communicating with others.
- Avoid speaking loudly and use polite language.
- Always speak the truth and avoid using dishonest or pretentious words.
- Do not mix truth with falsehood or be deceptive in your communication.
- Speak from the heart and express your true feelings and thoughts.
- Use a civil language that is widely recognized and understood by society.
- When expressing your opinion, be fair and unbiased, even if it goes against your family or friends.
- Avoid boasting or bragging about yourself or your accomplishments.
- Do not engage in empty talk or frivolous activities.
- Stay away from meaningless or insignificant activities or events.
- Avoid any behavior or language that is indecent or inappropriate.
- If you make a mistake, admit it and correct it promptly.
- Do not be rude or arrogant towards others.
- Walk with humility and do not act superior or conceited.
- Move at a moderate pace and avoid rushing.
- Walk with dignity and composure.
- Keep your eyes lowered and do not engage in inappropriate or suggestive behavior.
- If you are not knowledgeable about a topic, refrain from speaking about it.
- Do not believe rumors or negative information about others until you have verified the truth.
- Verify the accuracy of any news before acting on it.
- Do not blindly follow information without verifying it for yourself.
- Never assume that you have the ultimate knowledge, and always strive to learn more.
- Treat others with kindness and compassion as if they were your own family.
- Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Avoid making judgments about others based on their appearance or background.
- Help those who are in need, and be compassionate towards them.
- Respect the beliefs and customs of others, even if they differ from your own.
- Do not discriminate against anyone based on their personal characteristics.
- Keep learning and gaining wisdom throughout your life.
- Practice patience and forgiveness, and try to resolve conflicts peacefully.
- Avoid engaging in gossip or speaking negatively about others.
- Be honest and transparent in all your dealings, and avoid corruption or deceit.
- Take responsibility for your actions and apologize and make amends when necessary.
- Respect the environment and all living beings, and strive to live in harmony with nature.
- Use your skills and abilities to make a positive impact on society and help make the world a better place for all.